Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Pinterest Review or Two

A show of hands please, how many of you are crazy pinners?  
Whoa, that is a lot of hands.

 The top 3 boards I pin the most to:
1. Yum, Yum, Yummy: Recipes.
2. Stuff for baby Blakely Boo.
3. Inspire:  Quotes and such type stuff.

Recently I have been trying quite a few of these recipes.
I have a couple planned out for this week.  Very anxious to try these spicy crab cakes.  Here are some of my faves I have tried so far.    




Pasta With Mascarpone, Chicken, Sun Dried Tomatoes & Spinach

I tend to change things to our families preferences a bit.  We always use whole wheat pasta, it just tastes so much better, so we used whole wheat penne.  Another friend who tried this had mentioned that she added a little red pepper so I followed suit and added some red pepper flakes.  My husband topped it with a spoon of ricotta.  I thought it was pretty amazing.  The sun-dried tomatoes were perfect in this.  The original recipe can be found here.  Be sure to reserve that pasta water as recommended cause it does try out rather quickly.  


Basil Pesto Chicken

This was so crazy easy.  You can find the recipe here.  The only place I varied was I kicked it up to broil for a few, after foil before cheese, to give it a good crust, then added cheese and broiled it another 5.  I served it with some whole wheat penne, its my go to pasta, with basil pesto lightly added and some sauteed mushrooms and green onions tossed in it. yum :)


Double Crunch Honey Garlic Fried Chicken

I actually made this one for dinner last night.  It was great!  I stuck right to the recipe on this one.  I served it up with some steamed broccoli with lemon juice and grated parmesan.  I wanted to put a balance to how sweet it was with the honey.  My husband said this would be the perfect 'chicken and waffles' style chicken.  He liked it so much he is plotting on the next time I cook it.  



So there are a few of the recipes I have tried lately for more stuff I have tried, click here.  







This would not be complete without a lil more from my other top boards so. here are a couple faves.

from my Baby B board:
Adorable right!?!?!  I am so going to be getting some of these super soon for Blakely from FORGET ME KNOTS CROCHET.  Did I mention they are only $10?  Very cute!




from my inspire board:
yup, I have that on my inspirational board, cause, it inspires me ;)  You know cause he does yoga and stuff, check it out here.  That look on his face on the right side, oh my!




Enjoy your day y'all!


xo♥xo♥
lydia


No comments: