Thursday, April 19, 2012

Involuntary Yummy Sound-Smoked Paprika Thighs

So a few days ago as I sat watching some Food Network, as I often do, I saw Alton Brown make this awesome looking chicken recipe you can find here.  I decided to give it a go but change a couple things up too.  Its pretty easy for the most part too.  


My husband loved this!  He said it was the best thing I had made in a while.  The brininess of the olives with the smokey flavor is pretty amazing.  I do not even like olives but wanted to make something I thought my guy would like and was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.  


Ingredient List
Garlic Stuffed Olives
Cherry Tomatoes
Lemon Zest
Garlic Cloves
Smoked Paprika
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Bone In-Skin On, Chicken Thighs
 Russet Potatoes (its the kind I had on hand)
One Sweet Vidalia Onion



  • I chopped a handful of green olives stuffed with garlic, chopped a couple cherry tomatoes and grated a few extra cloves of garlic and added a good bit of some lemon zest. (Sit to the side)




  • Next I took about 5 tablespoons(+/-) of smoked paprika and two tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt and fresh black pepper to form a paste.  (Sit to the side)
  • Time to de-bone.  This is the most difficult part of the whole recipe.  I hate to de-bone stuff.
  • Put your chicken skin side down and cut the meat away from the bone and remove.  Next, toss thighs into your paste.



Take some peel on, 1/4 sliced potatoes and french cut sweet onions.   Toss with some salt and pepper and put on a foil lined cookie sheet.  Place a baking rack over your potatoes and onions.  Next take your olive mixture and stuff under the skin of your thighs and place it skin side up on your rack.   I kinda did this roll up, tuck type deal  when I was put them on the rack.


I lightly dusted the tops of the skin with smoked paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
Put in the oven on 375 for about an hour, depending on the amount of chicken you cook.  I did 11 thighs cause I like to have plenty to pack for my hubbys lunch the next day.  I cooked 11 for about 75 minutes or so.  The house will fill with a pretty awesome smell.





xo♥xo♥
lydia


  

No comments: