Tuesday, March 20, 2012

the story of Us. Part 1.

This is the story on how we, came to be.  
This is how our forever began...


My hubby is a few years older than me.  He is a Virginia country boy through and through.  A deer mount hanging, camo hat wearing, good food cookin, country boy.  
I went to school with his younger sister and brother, so we had randomly met a few times around PG.  We were so caught up in our own lives that neither of us were even on the others radar.  It would be years before we saw each other again.  


He had a daughter and all that came with her.  He experienced and attempted to deal with the unimaginable, unexpected loss of his 18 year old brother, and his family forever changing.  Going through the worse loss and the best love.


During those years I put myself through a lot of rough lessons. 

I partied crazily.  I quit school frustrated that Virginia had wanted me to take classes I had already.  Problems you face when you go to four high schools.  I was working two jobs.  Making rediculous money for a 17 year old.  I moved out before my 18th birthday to an apartment next to VCU.  I didn't go to college but I partied like I did.  I had two DUI's before I was even legal to drink.  People always say the cliche "I don't regret anything I did cause it got me to where I am today."  Not me.  I have regret.  I did so much during this time period of my life that I am not proud of.  Drugs, alcohol and promiscuity, solve nothing.  I was forced to wise up when an ex began stalking me.  I had to quit jobs.  I decided to move back home with my parents.  I knew it was time to change some things up.  I started cutting relationships that were no good for me, out of my life.  That is as much detail as I choose to give for now. 


It is now, July 2002.  
I was hanging out with a good friend of mine one day, we will call her Fo ;)   
We were at my parents house getting ready to go out and she got a call from a friend of ours, (his sister), about a little get together.  My future guy was there celebrating his non-wedding.  Ya see, he was actually suppose to be getting married that 4th of July weekend but, lucky for me, he called it off.  We flirted ridiculously.  Ya know flirting is one of those things you are either good at or your not.  Its a skill.  It should be listed on resumes.  People who can't, but try, really make things awkward, don't you think?  Anyway, I am babbling.  I took off to go check out a party and ended up staying there most of the night.  Late that night on my way home I decided I would stop back by there.  We ended up sitting outside all night.  Listening to music and talking.  Mostly me.  I did get that neither of us were looking for anything serious.  I just had this crazy relationship and well he was just about married that weekend.  
I think that is how it is though.  Love finds a way when you least expect it.




to be continued...




xo♥xo
lydia


   



    

2 comments:

Shelby said...

This is such a cute story!! I can't wait to see where the story goes next:)

Patria said...

Damn you met two days before he was supposed to get married! That only happens in the movie right?????? HAHAHHA I guess not! I've got to start reading this blog more! I'm so nosey! LOL That WAS a cute story!!!! :)